|| Home | Resume | Civil Engineer Consultant | Spotlight Engineering Projects | Links | E-Mail ||
45 Loughborough Avenue, Nottingham, NG2 4LN
Tel: 0115 9242349 (eve) Mobile: 07900 006 404
AK Pendleton Ltd: Limited company registration number: 07036414
• Proven track record in project planning / management over the past ten years, specialising in marine engineering.
• High level of interpersonal, team-working and management skills.
• Highly self-motivated problem solver.
• Proactively manage programming of projects for commercial, contractual and planning needs.
• Consistently lead construction projects that deliver to cost, quality and time targets.
• Building relationships with suppliers, Local Authorities, IDBs and Third Party groups etc. to achieve best outcomes for client and minimize disruption due to untimely
and unexpected input from these groups.
• Successfully building a team to support a new marine sales venture from scratch up to £1.5m annual turnover and keeping that team performing together in uncertain economic times.
Currently in 2011
Project Manager - British Waterways
• Planning and managing multiple projects, within an NEC3 framework, with multiple partners to deliver each project to tight constraints on a consultancy basis.
• Identify and Manage risk throughout lifetime of projects.
• Manage budgets for all projects and track spend profiles.
• Monitor progress of each project to ensure timely completion.
• Maintain high quality outputs throughout project lifecycle.
April ’07 to Oct ‘08
Senior Engineer - Jackson Civil Engineering
• On joining Jackson Civil Engineering I initially worked with Coventry and Leicester City Council framework partners on projects around the city. My role has been to proactively manage the programming of multiple projects as well as acting in a senior engineering function where required. Building realistic programmes prior to costing and updating existing programmes with ongoing changes was one of my main tasks.
• Jackson Civil Engineering had recently joined the framework team with Leicester City Council. I assisted the team to get our first projects on the ground whilst forging new relationships with the City Council team.
• On all projects I assisted the QS team to maximise value through thorough record keeping and programme monitoring/updating on contract and non contracted works so as to minimise cost and maximise value. Thorough programme updating helped to focus site resources to meet important deadlines to completion.
Dec ‘02 to April ‘07
Flood Risk Management Engineer - The Environment Agency
• Project Manager: Lead Environment Agency construction projects up to a value of £500k. Identify need and develop solution through construction to completion. On the Farndon Road scheme we completed 20% ahead of programme and 10% under target budget due to my enthusiasm and positive attitude being adopted by all members of the team.
• Planning Supervisor: Carry out PS roll in line with Construction Design and Management (1985) Regs and offer additional advice on Health and Safety issues. On a recent pumping station installation my input has resulted in the designers and contractors re-assessing their company procedures and taking a much more pro-active approach to Health and Safety.
• Client Sponsor: Project Manage Client team on projects. Lease with contractors and consultants to deliver schemes to client requirements and to target cost, quality and time restraints. On the West Bridgford Flood Risk Management scheme my willingness to challenge client preconceptions and provide timely feedback to design issues has kept this project on programme and helped reduce construction costs by £1.2m.
• Line Manager and Mentor: Formally mentor members of Flood Risk Management function in Environment Agency on industry practice and procedures. The development of more junior team members is an important part of any engineer’s career and one that is important to me.
July ‘00 to Dec ‘02
Strategic Planning Officer - The Environment Agency
• Asset management and inspections for amendment of Database.
• Working with and training others in GIS mapping software to complete projects for both external and internal clients.
• Surveying and setting out for Flood Defence and Development Control projects.
• Management of a varied and diverse workload for a number of departments adhering to tight deadlines.
• Supervision of Local Authorities and Internal Drainage Boards and submissions to government.
• Liaison with Local Authorities and other external bodies.
• On obtaining my HNC I was handed a number of Flood Defence Improvement projects which were delivered to a high standard.
• Arranging survey contracting and supervision in the region of £90K pa.
Feb ‘99 to July ‘00
Flood Warning Officer - The Environment Agency
• Re-writing of Flood Warning plans and procedures
• Administration of databases
• Updating flood outlines in GIS
• Managing and assisting Flood Warning Duty Officers
Sept ‘94 to Oct ‘98
Retail Marine Sales (Owner and Manager) - Runnymede Boat Sales
For a period of 4 years as the owner of a marine sales business I managed an average annual turnover of £1.5M selling leisure craft to both trade and private customers. My role as manager and owner was to plan the future of the company whilst keeping a close eye on margins and budgets. On a day–to-day basis, I negotiated with customers and outside contractors so as to combine the greatest margin with cost effectiveness and attention to deadlines. The company had 5 employees so active teamworking and man management was essential. Self-motivation was very important in this environment. Despite everyone’s best efforts the economic climate made the business unviable.
2006 BSc (Hons), Civil Engineering, Leeds Met University
1991 HNC, Micro Electronics and Electronic Engineering, Loughborough Technical College
Equestrian pursuits (show jumping / eventing)
|© 2011 AK Pendleton Ltd|